It has always been a dream of mine to wear a big hat & beautiful dress to the horse races! It is definitely a place a for fashion and fun! I can’t go to the derby nor have I ever been so instead of missing out, I decided to have a party! I’ll need decor, food, & drinks. I am getting inspiration for my Kentucky Derby Party!
DECOR: This party by Hostess with the Mostess is by far my favorite! I loved how she used stripes, flowers and fun colors. Every detail was accounted for! They even give you free PDF printables! I think I will be channeling this for my decor! I even have the perfect striped place mats for my Kentucky Derby Party!
The Style Domaine threw a gorgeous Kentucky Derby Soiree! The fashion was spot on while the Derby Pie made me want to reach through my computer screen and snag a slice! What I love about this Kentucky Derby Party is the use of pinks!! I’m sure you know it’s one of my favorite colors and I can’t resist using it for my own party!
Look at this PIE!!!! You know you want a piece too!
Seeing this pie prompted me to think about the menu! I had so much fun searching for the best food to serve!
I’ve decided on very hearty southern foods!!!
- Meatballs!!!!! These are always a hit at my parties and I know everyone will love the Bourbon Meatballs from The View From Great Island.
- Bourbon Sweet Potatoes!!! I love sweet potatoes and I think I’ll be added chopped pecans to this recipe from Knead to Cook.
- Toasted Pecans! Everyone needs a finger food at their party. Taste Savor Share’s recipe is easy and delicious!
- Derby Sliders!!!! These sandwiches look like they will melt in your mouth. I can’t wait to make them! The Seasoned Mom makes it look so easy.
- Individual Derby Pies! I love serving individual desserts at parties. It’s easy for people to grab on their own and I don’t have to pass around plates of pie or cake. One Hundred Eggs shares this recipe!
- Derby Cupcakes! We usually have our kids at these gatherings and cupcakes are always a hit with my daughter and her crew. Again-self serve dessert! The Polka Dot Chair shares her printable cupcake topper too!
- Derby Cookie Bars!!!!! My hubby loves a good chocolate chip cookie and I know this recipe by Half Baked Harvest will make him very happy!
Let’s not forget about the signature cocktail! Every party needs a good signature drink! This Blackberry Mint Julep by Miss in the Kitchen is so yummy!!!!
I’m almost all ready for our Kentucky Derby Party! Planning this party has sparked my imagination. I think the next party I will be planning is a Margarita Party! Explore more party and entertaining ideas over on Pinterest!
Now all I need is to find my perfect hat!